Monday, August 10, 2020

8/09/2020 Pounds On Pounds Off

 

    Putting pounds on is fun especially for a foodie like me. Taking them off not so much. When I hit 260 1 day 6 yrs ago, a big red stop sign blew up in my head.  The fun times were now over. Time to get serious.  I bought a fancy digital scale. I would step on it once in the morning and once at night, recording them down on a sheet of paper. I wasn't use to cutting food out of my diet. I switched to diet soda and tried to eat less. Got down to 250 after a yr .   In my fifth yr last yr, a gal said to me the diet soda was poison to the body, I had swollen calfs at the time and ankles. So I quit the diet soda and 2 weeks later the calfs and ankles started to reduce in swollenesss. Happy about that. Now I drink water with a little bit of  pineapple soda in it or lime or lemon. It works out fine.


    I plateaued at 250, 240 and 230 pounds for many months. I used to eat 2 eggs every day in the morning slice of bread and 2 pieces of well done turkey bacon. I did that for yrs.  I was still stuck at 230 pounds. Had to make a change, so I substituted  cereal for the eggs. That got me down to 220 pounds. I eat main meal around noon. One slice of rye bread 2 pieces  of turkey belonga,  1 slice of American cheese,  mustard  and then I put several layers of lettuce on top. I throw away first layer of lettuce, it may have residue on it like pesticide or bacteria. I use a baggie to hold it together. The lettuce acts like a topper instead of using another slice of bread. I eat a couple radishes, a carrot, a couple pickles and about 12 pringles which is like a potatoe chip. .Desert is 1  piece of brownie.

    No second helpings or 2 hotdogs, or 2 hamburgers or 2 pizza slices. I have 2 to 3 reg sodas per week  Forget diet sodas.

    Dinner is an apple cheese and crackers, a carrot unpeeled and an ear of cooked corn. Also a small desert.  Walking during the day is also a plus.

    I feel lighter on my feet, now that I dropped half a sack of cement from my frame  I look better and feel better than I have in decades. Well worth  the effort.  I never experienced hunger pains and still was able to eat the foods I like.  Very  happy about this challenge.  The goal  is Now  200 pounds and I will get there. You have to ask yourself how determined am I and what am I going to do to make it happen. You will have built up your will and pride in your accomplishment as well as making a stonger bond between you and spirit.

    On a piece of paper you write 15 times or more I along with spirit will make a better me. Do it every morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment