Wednesday, April 8, 2020

4/ 8/2020. A Kick in the Pants


   Complacency another word for not moving forward. A lot of times its just easier to sit back and chill or stew..
   One day the jobs stopped coming in. I didn, t like that one bit. Got up early one morning and I said to myself you don't have to get up early today, there's no work. I think I'll just go back to bed. No sooner than I said that, the phone rang, it was one of my clients. She needed some work done today. In a flash,  I was out the door. The client said I bet I know why you came so fast, the money. Darn tootin I said. Spirit waited right up to the point I gave up. Then the phone call came. After that the jobs kept coming once again. I got myself in that box because I was a bad advertiser, lazy. Spirit let me know it was there for me, Spirit let me know one day years later I was out of work.  My 8yr old nephew looked at me and said get a job, Now! And I did, it was a bad job for me. Running around all creation delivering letters for not much money using your car and gas and no rumer nation for it. The little money it was, did help.

   After an event my group held. I was talking to some people, we were being gossipy about someone else, I felt something warm on my leg. Put my hand down there and brought it up, it was red( blood), my blood. I got the meaning right away wound the group conciousness wound yourself. That was a good kick in the pants if there ever was one.


   Me and a buddy of mine, where hanging around a city after an event being held there. The event was over. Four hours later some stranger says, ain't it time for you guys to be moving on? I got back into my truck and started long trip back. made it to the foothills, when the first snow flakes hit the windshield. I didn't pay attention back then about the forecast, stupid me. It was a major snow storm barreling in on me. Those strangers words got me moving, it was still early and I made it through the foothills before the snow could get a good grip of the road. The next leg was relatively flat. But that storm was fierce. Had a hard time. The ice stuck to the wipers and the defrost couldn't keep up. It left me with a little clear spot near the vent next to the windshield. I had to scrouch down to see through it. The storm was heading east, where I wanted to go, but I decided to head south to get away from it. I decided25 mph was a good speed on the interstate, lessen the blow if I got rear ended. Could only see 25 ft in front of me. There are these little green rectangles of metal that sit on gray metal stakes off to the side of road. I drove the truck by keeping the same distance from those markers. for nine hrs, I drove like that. In that amount of time no one passed me, nor did I pass anyone. No cops. No18 wheelers. People going north was zero. Had the whole road to myself. For the first time, I was king of the road. I sucessfully out rode the storm, to the point where there was not a flake on the road. I stopped the truck on bare ground got out walked back to the line of snow on pavement. It was like 45 degree angle on road surface. My left foot was on solid ice and my right foot on bare macadam.  Wow. What a ride. On the north side of Highway a thousand feet up, lay on it's side a large van, not a cargo one. He must have been book in, then hit the brakes and on to your side you go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment