Friday, April 17, 2020

4/17/2020. Shamus



     That was a guy I visited every morning, to get my bacon and egg sandwich. It was on a crisp kaiser bun, 5 inches thick. I can taste it like it was yesterday. Always looked forward to crossing his threshold. He was in WW2, worked for the OSS, which was a precursor to the CIA. He was a big guy and gregarious. He would break out in song on occasion. He was fun to josh around with. One day I said God what's wrong with me? Next morning, I walk into his store and before I can get my greeting out, he says you know what's wrong with you. Your'e arrogant, vain, selfish and cold. There was a bunch more, but I didn't have my note pad with me. Darn. So God gave me his answer via Shamus.


     A year later I walked in. And he says hey Dan you're never going to believe this but a guy just left 5 min ago, he looked just like you but he was 10 yrs. older than you.  I can't believe it. A friend of ours had a store across the street. I was good friends with him. He was also a W W2 guy . One day he was in a big park with his family having a good time. He thinks he sees me walking by. I'm a good distance away, he runs after me calling my name. The guy doesn't respond. When he catches up to me, the guy turns and he sees its not me, but a real close resemblance.

    I will have a double story in coming posts. Once I went back to a town I used to live in. It's been15yrs. I'm getting gas and I'm leaning against my vehicle looking across the pump island. Theres a small black sports car getting gas, the guy is in black clothes. He looks a little younger than me, It was the cleaned up version of me. Now that was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment