Wednesday, April 15, 2020

4/I5/2020. Death Imminent


    I picked up a paper and an article caught my attention. British couple found dead next to rental car.  Back then rental cars were marked. After this event, they removed icons referencing a rental car. The thugs targeted them, the rental car had them pegged as tourists. The thugs were under 1 8 yrs old. Maybe 4 or5 of them. Dam creeps.

    An event was being held, in the same state that the British couple lost their lives. Now it's a couple yrs later. I got to my beautiful hotel an unpacked. It felt real good soaking in the sunshine and viewing the soft colors of my surroundings, inside and out. I was in a good mood. I had alot of hours to kill, so I decided to take a bus trip, to the outskirt of the city. The park was fantastic, lots of people and animals. I got on the nearest trail, when I came around the bend, there was such a sight. I will never forget. It was like I "walked to the garden of Eden. The sunlight was filtering through the trees, cascading upon the blue pond. Birds of varying shapes and colors were alighting on the water. Kids and parents in their Colorfull clothes all around the area. The way the light hit the green green grass was just magnificent. I felt unbridaled joy enter my heart. This is what life could be. Not a care in the world. I stayed as long as I could. I

    In an hour, dusk would come. I got on the bus, back to my hotel. What a great adventure, I just had. Its dark now and the bus comes to a stop, I hear bus driver say everyone off, I say you got to be kidding me. He said no its the end terminal. So I'm in the bad part of town, a couple miles from the hotel. It's a suburban area. A guy on the bus was now on foot a good distance ahead of me. I stopped arguing with the driver and bounded after the guy. It's getting darker. Within 5 minutes I feel them behind me. I don't look because I know theyre there. I'm thinking about the British couple and to make it to that street lamp up ahead. Have to make it to that light and put my back up against the 8 ft chain link fence. Turn around and the 2 creeps are staring me down. Two black kids. The kid on my left has his right hand in his pocket holding a gun, but I could tell he was faking, the other guy held a bowling ball size piece of concrete. The guy with the crete was the alpha dog. Where you from alpha says, I name the state. All the way from there he says. Yes. Let's have it, I reach for my wallet and purposely give it to the quiet one on the left. That pissed off the crete guy. He angrilly takes it from quiet guy, telling me to deal with him. My main adversary was crete guy. I knew quiet guy would run. Now for that piece of concrete he was holding, I knew for it to do damage he would have to hoist it over his head, once he did that, l would punch him in the stomache. The crete would descend upon his head. There was 4 twenties folded in my left rear pocket, the wallet was in my right rear pocket. When he opened my wallet he saw a whole  8 bucks. He can't believe it, you come down all that way with 8 bucks? Yep. Give me the bag, I hand it to quiet man.  Pissed off alpha again, he pulls out a magazine water bottle and birdseed container. What the? He calls me by my state name, He says Dakota ( not my real state) next time you come visit bring more money with you. With disgust he says you need it more than me puts money back in and hands it to quiet guy who gives it to me. It was over.

    When I had my back to the fence, I thought of my family and said to myself, you did have a good life. No matter what happens I'm good.

    Back at the hotel I bump into my friend and tell him, I think I got mugged. He says what do you mean, you either were or not. I said, well he gave me the money back. Hour later it seemed like everyone knew about what happened to me. Now that's a grapevine

No comments:

Post a Comment