Tuesday, May 12, 2020

5/10/2020. What Goes Around Comes Around



    I was about to find out what those words really meant .... the hard way!

    Some people call it karma, one word instead of using five words. Karma is not necessarily bad, it can be good also. Here's an example , say your on the road and you cut someone off, deliberate or accidentally, what you did will happen to you, in one form or another. It may happen that day or the next day or next week,next month or even next year. Sometimes on the highway I see people get it back fairly quickly. When I see people trying to merge, I let them in, many many times when I need to merge,I always can due to others civility.  Return to them a wave gesture, it makes them feel good, it dosen't cost anything to be Kind! When you feel that you were wronged, send that person a blessing, wish them future good in their life. It does have an affect.They say by burning(living it) karma you can proceed more quickly along the path of life. Sounded good to me, I'm all in. I used my imagination, I visualized a locamotive and I'm in the driver seat, my hand on the lever, it's way to the left. I'm moving at a nice leisurely pace and all is tranquill, I move that lever midway, now I'm moving at a pretty good clip. Then I get a brilliant idea, let her rip, all the way to the right we go. I just sped up my karma, you big dope, now you did it.

    Two days later, my girlfriend anounces she's moving away. What the! Soon after that my friend, who I was going into business with goes over the deap end. Me and him worked months to secure financing for our project. The check came in the mail 100,000 dollars. We were on our way to making a whole lot of money. Unbenowst to me, he moved into a hotel downtown using his credit cards left and right. He now saw himself as a big time promoter. I visited him in his hotel room, Evan wtf are you doing. He said he had a plan to make way more money.  Earlier, he had given me a book to read, called the Art of the Deal. I read the book that week. I guess he saw himself as Donald Trump. I came to give Evan his book back, he took it and said just you wait and see, were going to meet Trump. I said yeah right. In the mean time, Evan's putting people together and networking, holding brunches at the hotel for his guests. And these people are set to hand over money to him, to get his venture off the ground. People were coming out of the woodwork.  Amazing, Evan was a king maker. He also was in a manic state. Problem was, he was always 4 steps ahead of himself.  He never completed step 1 before moving to 2. If he could have done that, he would have been a millionaire in less than a year. He put so many people together in such a short period of time.

    It's midnight, phone rings it's Evan can you pick me up. Where are you, at a 7/11 (convience store) somewhere. He took rt 10 south. He said it was real dark there. Last thing I wanted to do was go get him. Eh ... what the hell, I'll give it a try.  No cell phones back then. The night is inky alright. I'm heading south and I don't know where to turn right, I said I'll try this exit. Travel 3 miles, just dark trees no street lamps. There's a store up on the left Iit up like a roman candle. Lo and behold it's a 7/11. No way! But theres no Evan. I go inside and say, hey you see a guy wearing a cowboy hat?  Sure did, he was trying to get a limo to pick him up, only limos allowed use of a credit card. The cashier said 5 min after he hung up phone, a huge, huge limo pulls into parking lot. Evan goes over to him and says to him, where you headed? To Atlantic City, I'm Trumps driver. If you want to come, it's free. Evan gets in. Unbelievable! I go home. I didn't find out the Trump part till the next day. Evan says that's how were going to meet Trump, I'm going to say I found the Art of the Deal book in your limo and I personally want to return it to you. In less than a week he was well on his way to meeting Trump. Didn't happen though. Evan was driving that train right toward the brick wall, me the conductor waving to him to slow it down. He was deaf to my beseachments.

    Another phone call from Evan, I'm in jail. What! Yep, can you bail me out, maybe I say. I ask my pop for the money. Pay the bail. Evan developed some enemies back at the hotel. I guess his networking was a little frowned upon by management. They were getting paid though. Evan was nearing his hotel room one day when 2 guys round the corner, there he is, they bull rush him. At the last minute Evan drops real low, those 2 guys go flying. The hotel wanted him out, Evan says No I'm paid up for the week. They call the cops on him. Evan protests as cops drag him off,  I'm paid up, it ain't right! Evan is so livid, he makes his one call to me, then he wants another call, they say no. Evan is not a happy camper, put in jail unjustly. Evan was ranting, the sole cop would tell him to shut up. Evan didn't stop, the cop took his frustration out on Evan namely fisticuffs. I bailed Evan out, he went back to where he was comfortable, an easy chair and a bottle of vodka. Evan a great guy when sober not so much when drunk. I had a buddy rent one of his rooms.

    I bought a 78 Buick Skylark, the guy told me it ran for over 50 miles with no oil. Since that time it didn't run right. I had problems with the car stalling out, it went on like that for a couple days. I got a new gas filter for it bigger than the old one .made of hard plastic. I had to cut the metal gas line to get it in. Job done. I saw metal gas tube on car fender and I turn it upside down and tap the car fender, lifting the tube up, there is a perfect pyramid of rust particles glinting in the sunlight. It was a rust problem. Not any injury from a lack of oil. Took it out on road, ran like a sport car. Very happy. Fun to drive. I was going to make it better so I bought  an oil pump kit, there were 4 colored springs in it. I read directions, it said use the yellow spring for my make and model. Put it together, no oil pressure. Did it 3 times same result. I get it towed to mechanic. Pick it up, got oil pressure back. The mechanic took it apart and did what I did, used the yellow spring, no oil pressure. He tried green one, nope, red one, nope, blue one got oil pressure. Mechanic was smarter than me. Paid the guy 130.00. Took it for test run, to Evan house. Everything ok there, considering. Evan still drinking.  It's dusk, head back home, 8 min from Evan's house a woman is taking too long to make a left into her driveway. There was a big patch of a macadam off to the right, I pass her on the right bam too late for the brake, my head hits the headliner, I'm ok. Ah cannot say that for the car though. So I gave the mechanic 130 dollars around 2 pm and totaled it 9pm. Damn. At the last second I saw the manhole cover, it caught the oil pan and drove it into the transmission case. Not a good night. The paving contractor didn't place a caution sign at the unfinished area around man hole cover. Idiot!

    Next week, I have a dream there is a parade of ugly clowns and one of them is a brother to Larry who I had rented Evans spare bedroom. Had to get to Evans house to see what's what. I get into my last truck, a 66 F100(Ford) pickup. I'm nearing Evan's house, this time I take a pararell street to the one I had an accident on. The road is closed off to the intersection up a head, there's a Japanese Restraunt on my right. I'm going to cut through their off hour parking lot. There's a garbage truck stopped at the approach ramp to the parking lot. It's early morning beautifulI blue fall day. He is parked on an angle, I have to wait on street till he clears the entrance, so I can make my right hand turn into lot. I'm blaring my horn as he hits me head on! I watch my hood crumble like and old tin can. Took out my steering. Truck finished. Two totaled vehicles in 9 days on 2 pararell roads. The garbage truck driver, said it was his first traffic accident, said he didn't see me. It was a sunny day no obstructions. Wham! This was not normal. God had bigger plans. Oh, the dream was right, Larry did have his no good theiving brother staying at the house, kicked him out.

    So in one months time I lost two relationships, had three car accidents, two of which got totaled, no collison insurance on either vehicle. Screwed up one job I was on. I was reeling. I visualized me back in train, hand on throttle putting it back to where it was. Next day things slowed down. It took me three years to recover. So please don't do what I did, let events unfold naturally without putting in your two cents. So much better and happier.

    You may say there's no such thing as karma but as for I and me,   we...... believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment