Wednesday, May 13, 2020

5/13/2020. The Little Things



    Or little nudges.  I had this old loose leaf binder I liked, but the rings inside no longer fitted nice together,  with that familiar snap. I tried to manhandle them into fitting together, total failure. Then I get in my head, hit the tops of the rings. I find my hammer, and strike the two half rings that are close together, the rings meet perfectly, then the second rings and third rings. Good as new. Thanks spirit! I didn't ask for help, it just came out of the blue.

    It's February, I'm heading to a class. Coming down a small hill, I gently touch the brakes no grip. Stop sign ahead and its a busy intersection, so I quick steer the truck into a snow bank directly to my right, that worked. Now to dig myself out, with a small shovel I had in bed of pickup. This is going to take awhile. I'm working 5 min, when I say could use a little help here. No sooner than I ask, a guy runs to me can I help? Thank you! The only thing I have to offer him is a dust pan. He takes it and sets to work. Ten minutes later I'm free. Thank you dude and spirit! Got to class on time.

    Before I knew about spirit, spirit used me. Back then to make a call you used a pay phone. For some reason I left my wallet on top of the phone. The phone had a silver rectangular box around it. Half way back to work I realize I left the wallet there, hurry back. Theres a girl there, I saw her before I left the area, the first time. My wallet is where I left it. The gaI is a crying mess. What's wrong, she said she had fight with boyfriend, she had no money and no one to turn to. I said what about her parents? She said they were not an option, what a shame I say. I tell her I will drive you back to your place, fifteen min away. It felt good to be of service.

    Another friend of mine was complaining about her mortgage. I said I'll get you another one at a better rate. Which I did. Six months later, she didn't like that the mortgage company would sell her mortgage to another company. After hanging up on the company because they were rude to her. She said out loud I'm not going to take this. Then words form in her head, get a home equity loan and she did. Worked out perfect. She had beginning alzheimers. She said she would have never thought of it. Spirit helped her out. But it was her saying, I'm not going to take it, that got the ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment