Sunday, August 16, 2020

8/16/2020 When Opportunity Knocks

     

    Open the damn door. Those who hesitate  are lost. It appears for a moment or so in time. Quickly grab that gift and put it in your pocket. It was put there just for you.

    Once I walked into a pizza store and there were framed pictures on the wall. One of them was a mountain scene.  I  had to have it.  It was 60 dollars. I didn't have 60 so I said I'll give you 20 and the next 2 Fridays I will give 20 each day. He sold it for the artist. I made a way for it to happen. One day out of state I saw a blue jay picture on a wall of another eating establishment. It was 20. I handed it over.  I came in the next day and the guy told me that I bought the young man's first ever sale. He was very happy as was I, not only for the picture but that I was the start for something good to happen for him.

    One day I was looking for a pick-up  truck to buy. The neighbor had one for sale a black ranger, looked real good, I wanted it. When test driving it there was a little hesitation when I was accelerating.  I dismissed  it. That was a big mistake. Next time I get a warning, I'll pay attention. I took it back to the previous owner, he would not give my money back. Took it to his transmission place where he recently had it fixed  and he wouldn't honor his work either. Cost me another 1200 dollars. Expensive lesson. A couple years later I drive through a puddle on side of road and it stopped. Towed it to a mechanix who spent all day trying to get it to work. It was an electrical problem.  I was in for over 300 dollars. I know car electrical problems are expensive to fix. I gave him the bill of sale and called it even. He agreed. Cost me a lot but I was glad to be rid of it. I got smarter though.

    When oppurtunitys come you may not be happier but you definitely  will be smarter after all is said and done. And being smart is good because you become a better you.  It takes work  and time. It's good to be happy along the way too. Look to put that into your life. Write down 10 things that make you happy. Then go after the top 3 answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment