Sunday, December 27, 2020

Dec26/2020 Its A Wonderfull

     Life.     Yes it can be.  The movie wasn't  a success when it came out in 1946.  And lost a half million dollars promptly.  Stewart blamed 25 yr old Donna Reed for the flop.  And he  never did another movie with her  again. Huh??  Why this movie wasn't  a success, I have no idea why.  When I first  saw it I thought it was brilliant.  It became one of my top five favorite films.

    The consciousness  of the public didn't  get it. Maybe people just didn't  want to feel.  Numb from the ups and downs and uncertainties  of the war. It took another 25 years to register with the public When expectations fall far short. It doesn't  matter. If the product is good, the seed will eventually bear fruit.  As it did in this case.

    One December day I was watching the movie again on public broadcasting station.  They were also  raising  money for  the station. I noticed during the film there was a missing 10 min section of the movie.  The film  must of broke and it was spliced minus the missing section.  It was live TV. The host came on to help in raising funds. She said, oh your so angry about the missing part of the film. Really,   part of the TV audience  was in an uproar! Come on already. You let one negative event ruin your peace of mind.  Anger is the little you, the big ego trying to exert and control its  environment.  When your in that mode watch out! You have just removed yourself  from your connection to spirit!

    It happened to me. A friend of mine pulled a fast one on me. He sold a car of mine out from under me. I got in my car and headed to his place in a foul mood. I confronted him and did some fantastic yelling. I then left to go home. While in car I felt like I was  struggling to breathe and getting light headed. I stopped the car and walked a little bit on side of road breathing deeply. I recovered quickly.  I knew if I didn't  I could have crashed the car. I recognized  I cut myself off from spirit's protection by my angers.

    George Bailey did the same thing and almost lost his life, divine intervention gave him a second chance. George then appreciated  his life after it was taken from him.  A lesson in being grateful  for the blessings in one's  life.  For George Bailey it was the loss of bank money, for us it was a loss of Americans  and our way of life in 2020. Hopefully 2021 will give us our lives back. It was our actions that made 2020 even worse than it had to be. THINK about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment