Friday, February 18, 2022

2/18/2022 No Traction

 

    I was having transmission troubles for close to a year. The truck would go forward but it wasn't a smooth transistion. I thought great the transmission is going and it's an expensive fix. I talked to an expert about dropping the pan and adjusting the bands. He said I'd probably do more harm than good. I believed him. Yesterday I was going to ask my neighbor about the problem, since he knows cars. As I was walking by the truck with it's hood up, in my head I get check the fluid. Oh yeah, I forgot about that. To check the fluid  in an automatic transmission  vehicle you leave vehicle running while pulling the dip stick out. Long long time ago I remember reading about transmissions and to smell the fluid on dipstick. If it smelled bunt than you had a big problem. My fluid smelled good. I was down with my level  in the fluid.  I added the fluid. You have to be carefulI ñot to overfill it. Put down about 4 tablespoons.  The level was good on stick. Took it for a ride, it was a little bit better. The next day , I took another ride not great. Got back and checked level again, it was down. Filled it up again and rode it again, a little better. I did this about 4 times. Now the transmission is good like it used to be.  Thank-you spirit! Spirit gave me the nudge. I don't  know why I didn't  think about in the first place. Also the truck is 25yrs old. 

    I got to remember to use spirit in all aspects of my life. It made my life way better with the above fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment