Saturday, January 14, 2023

1/12/23 Runaround

      It's all about the heat. Problem: my oil tank sprung a leak. The tank outside was above ground and it looked ok. Under the tank a small hole formed. I patched the hole. Oil is now in the ground. Diesel oil a mixture of gasoline and oil. The off road diesel is what you use in your tank. A neighbor gives me name of a friend of his that removes oil tanks. I found a hidden tank that was next to my standing tank underground. He brings in a medium size backhoe to dig out the oil contaminated soil and the underground tank. During this time, I search for a contractor to convert my oil burner from oil to gas. The first guy I get a price. I call back 3 days later to ask a question. Secretary says he stepped out. Wait 3 days no phone call from him. Call again, secretary says he's  on the phone will call me back. Never happens. Week and a half wasted. I'm in a Home Depot see a workman in there wearing a shirt from a big plumbing company. I call that company. He says it can be done for under 2000. He says the final estimate I should have in 2 days. Yeah right. 2 and a half weeks later get an email from him. I brought up up to my board and they don't  want to do it your way, however they can install a new one for 19,555 dollars. Yeah right. 

     Look out my window this morning and see 6 orange cones in the street. Uh OH think it's the natural gas people getting ready to bring the gas line to the house. Just then one of their big gas trucks goes by. It's not them coming for me but another guy that is taking away the backhoe. Get on phone to the gas company, to tell them to put gas line on hold. Put it on their answering machine. Later that day I'm doing a bunch of errands via the car. Get a call from the gas company asking about the turned up side yard. I happen to be on road my house is on. Tell them I'll be there in 5 min. Tell the guy everything. They have 4 big trucks there and a cop car. Tell him can't do the line without a way to get furnace converted over. Missed a bullet there. I was tipped off by divine spirit this morning when I saw the cones in the street and right there and then 1 of their trucks goes by the house. I went from inaction to action in a split second. I contacted another plumber guy whose secretary says can you be there tomorrow after 12, I say yes. The guy is a no show and no call type of dude. Call another furnace guy, same thing happens. That's 4 guys with no good results. Maybe spirit is letting me know this way, to give it up. Keep the oil furnace at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment