Sunday, June 18, 2023

6/18/2023 Father's. Day

       I grew up with the best father in the world. For that I'm very grateful. I thought when I was young everyone had a great father. Later on I learned that it was far from the truth. Unfortunately  for this world. With loving parents this world would be quite different. If you see strife in the family, well of course it will exist throughout the land. The sins of the father or mother are passed on to the kids.  Who then perpetrate them onto their kids.

      I was at a sotrta friend's house a long time ago. We were in the backyard, beautiful manicured green grass. He kept it immaculate. So we were talking and his 9 year old did something minor. John booted the kid in the butt for it. Took the kid by surprise. I said John don't do that. He says why not. I say because it's  not right. What an idiot asshole I think to myself. A couple weeks later I'm working at our factory and 2 old timers are there. I told them about John. They say you know why he did that. I say NO. Because  that's what his father did to him. Now I get it. Not an asshole but a victim who passes it along like an unwanted cold. But we can say to ourselves I have a choice to belike my parent or to see that change and say no not today. Today I change the script up. I choose kindness from this day hence.

       My friend Tom had an abusive dad. He lamented it. He said your family was very different from my own. He was about to start a new family with his wife. I said to him now is your chance to do something different. You will become the better patriarch to embark on a new branch of the family tree. Learn from the past. But live in the NOW

      To the loving fathers everywhere, keep up the good works. You create change in this world by your acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment