Monday, October 9, 2023

Oct 09/2023 How a Little Thing Can Trip You Up

           So 2 days ago, I'm putting on my favorite work sneakers. Then I did some stuff in my room. I'm standing there thinking about something and feel a little ity pain coming from my right sneaker. I put my attention there and felt that my right foot is drooping on the right side of my foot. Over time the soles wear and with me it's the outer heel that gets worn down. This wear eventually disables shoe integrity. I liked these sneakers a lot. But that little twinge was a wake up call that if I continued to use said sneaker, I probably would develop a bigger problem down the road regarding my foot health. Reluctantly I took action right away and took them off searching for other shoes. I tossed my favs in the garbage. All things must pass eventually. Everything changes, people in our lives, differing tasks we used to do, our attitudes, heath and many other avenues. We have to accept the changes as they come hopefully with grace. Like my problem, I could have ignored it to my own peril. Causing me unnecessary grief. By heeding these little warnings in life we can spare ourselves of future what ifs.

      A lot of times were surprised by events but if we have a discerning eye we can pick up a potential brewing problems. So we're doing something and a little problem happens. It is going to cost us time to stop what we're doing and address the problem. I say stop and try to fix it NOW, because if we put it off we will forget it. Then one day we pay a price.

      Say we notice a small nail in tire causing a very small air leak. Well for months there was no real problem. Then one day you hit a curb and it pushed the nail in deeper causing a bigger leak. Now your day is shot. A 2 hour fix then becomes 24 hour fix now.

      In relationships too. Address the little problems before it leads to a major blowup later on. We get very small warnings all the time, we have to be smart and act on them when they do come, otherwise it's  why me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment