Friday, February 9, 2024

2 /08/2024 More on Exercise

        Went away in the beginning of November last year. My dumbell exercises came to an end the way I use to do them. I brought a 20 pound dumbell with me. I found that I got a little weaker. I  started to do 25 reps on each arm each day. I found that I started to get strong again. After I got back 2 months later, I resumed the dumbell but now I do 103 on the right arm and 113 on the left arm the less dominant one. I also do 20 reverse dumbell lifts each arm. Sitting in my chair,  I lift  my weight above my head and hold it there a count of 65, each arm.. I do  65  15 pound leg lifts as well. So from July to November I did many lifts. This I talked about in a couple previous blogs. Which built me up. I got a foundation. So I am able to keep my muscle tone by doing way less weight. The extra weight took a lot more time to do.  The top of my bicep  has almost lost the last of the wrinkles. Still wrinkles persist below the bicep. Eventually I will get rid of them.  So it takes time. But its worth it to me. I do most of my exercises sitting in my office chair in the morning. No expensive exercise machines or gym membership. Last 6 years I would need a home depot  bucket to push off of to get  up from ground while gardening. Now I don't need the bucket. I feel more stronger than ever. Half hour in the morning  every day. It has really made my life a lot better. When you lift, start with small weights and over time go up in increments. Never push yourself too hard. Listen to your body. If you feel a tweek, back off either the reps you are doing or take 2 days off. Or reduce the weight. I feel 25 years younger. Those who want more definition they go to more heavier weights. These are your muscle people. You don't have to look like that. But weights can and do make you fit. It may also give you less aches and pains. As you strengthen your muscles you are protecting your bones. Listen to your body and use your doctors. Catching things early can extend your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment