Tuesday, April 30, 2024

4/28/2024. In a Pickle

        Moving day was yesterday. Driving a 26 ft U-Haul with a tow dolly. First time with a vehicle this big. Pull into a hotel parking lot. I unloaded some bags for the night. All ok. I go to repark. I drove thru back parking lot. I tried to make a turn to the left. There was an 18 wheeler in parked in front of me.  To my left parked a pickup truck with a boat behind it. To my rear an island with a concrete curb. I can't complete the turn. Try to backup. Keep hitting the back curb. This is happening at 9pm. Get out of truck to look at the dolly. Readjust. Must of did it 20 times. Then I give up ask spirit for it's help. A guy comes out of hotel and walks to his pickup truck, not the one with the boat. I ask him if he is familiar backing up a tow dolly, he says no. But then says he'll give it a try.  After 10 min of backing up then forward many times, he gets  enough room just barely to make that left. I couldn't believe it. I was so thankful. Hopefully I learned my lesson about tight spots. But it was interesting that as soon as I asked, the guy comes into sight. My job was to open my big mouth. And ask for his help.  Thank-you  Divine Spirit and the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment