Tuesday, April 30, 2024

4/30/2024 Paring Down the Hard way

        Stuff. It either owns you or you own it. My stuff owns me. The first move I did back in 88 was a killer moving an hour south. Took all my books and tools. A couple friends of mine took us all week. Those books were something. I got them on shelves I built.  When it was time to  move on 15 years later, I said no way. I got rid of half of them. This move I removed 2/3 rds of them. So me and 2 buddies of mine filled up a 26 ft uhaul. Did 2/3 rd full. Well my wife on trip couldn't take the jostle of the truck and tow dolly. With limited funds, have to Ditch the van and take the car. Some will go in pods. Dropped a lot of stuff at goodwill. Not fun to say the least. She did get tipped off by dreams she had about the impending problem but didn't act on those dreams. So it's going to be a wild ride. Another adventure coming up. Won't forget this trip for a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment