Tuesday, May 7, 2024

5/05/2024 Pardon Me

        I dropped my lock card key into the latch. The hotel door slowly opens to a woman sitting in a chair. Damn it. I say sorry. She says it's ok and gets up to take walk to front desk. We wait. She comes back with new key for me to a room 5 doors down. The key works, but I quickly knock before entering. The lady that handed me the key laughed. I'm getting the luggage in the door and she comes walking back. She says now my key doesn't work. Back to the front desk. Not a short walk. I'm glad she had a laid back demeantor. This hotel was strange. No elevators. Initially they gave me a room on second floor and I had a lot of luggage on the dolly. That meant walking bags up the stairs. A second guy came and said he'd get me a room on 1st floor. That key opened the lady's room. To make a left you had to go right, then down a tiled ramp, then cross the atrium which had a pool in it but walls blocked the view of it. It did not block the humidity. Then on the left side it was up another tiled ramp. On to a carpeted floor and down a small decline of vinyl plank flooring. Other than that, everything was ok. 

       Back to the lady whose life got interupted. She makes her life better by going with the flow. When irritations arise she's up to the challenge. She did better than me that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment