Sunday, July 14, 2024

7/14/2024 To Your Health

         Some of the things I found to stay somewhat healthy. Stretching in a doorway which I  explained in past blogs. Lifting a 20 pound coated dumbell.  I do at least 100 lifts during 2 reps. 60x & 40 times. Everyday if I can. Lost 60 pounds over 5 years.  It's all about portion control. For meats do a palm size serving. Limit beef/ steak to once a month. Use fish and chicken & pork. No smoked meats. Try for non processed foods. Almost all use some sort of preservatives a lot of times It's salt. Forget can soups over 500 milligrams of salt and a lot of times 1000 or more. Salt is hidden in everything almost. It all adds up. Breads 250 and up and some cereals 300. I picked up a box last month of bran. After it was half gone I looked at the box and it was 300 salt. My sharp cheese was 175. Found a Swiss cheese for 35 mg salt. Isn't as good as sharp but at least it's cheese. I cut slivers and put it on my apple. I eat 1 apple a day and orange. Banana 1 every other day. The more natural foods the better.  I eat about 1 potato and many veggies  per day as well. Pasta every other day. And I still have dessert. So your body gets use to the routine.  I cut back on ice cream a lot as well. Candybars I get at dollar store. A sleeve of small mini bars is 1.25 at the dollar store. Do about 2 sleeves per week.  Cookies from dollar store fudge striped or oatmeal,, 2 per day usually.  I drink no alcohol. And maybe a soda once a month. Mostly I drink ice water. Try to walk a mile a day.

       And as I said before I use a mask in stores and hand  sanitizer daily.  Haven't  had a cold since Spring of 99. It's not a guarantee but it helps. If I see someone with a cold in a store, I back far away. If their cold is real bad, I will leave store right away and not get what I came in for. Also try to see a doctor a couple times a year. Right now I take blood pressure meds. High blood pressure is no good. Invest in a blood pressure cuff. Listen to your body.



No comments:

Post a Comment