Tuesday, September 10, 2024

9/10/2024 Knock Knock

        Who's there?  Incompetence! No thanks.

        A women wants her bedroom door put in. I go look at the job. A door outside laying against the house. Inside another door in hallway with damaged jambs and trim. What happened here. Her teenage son kicked in her door. Her brother says he'll fix it. Gets 1 door brings it back. It's a left hinge door. Wrong door. Doesn't take the door back to store. Gets another door right hinge this time. Door is still wrong because what was needed was a 30 inch door. Both times he gets a 28 inch door. Another problem was it was a 2x3 wall. Most walls are made of 2x4s. Guy gives up. More work for me because of the 2x3 wall. Have to add a 2x3 to rough opening. Get the door in. I say where is the door knob. It's in my brother's car at his house. Don't worry about it. Two weeks I'm back for something else. I see no knob on door. I ask about it. She gives box of new door knob. It usually goes in fast. I can't get in after 10 minutes because of screw alignment. I noticed before in her neighbors trash a broken door. I go grab it. Cut it up and put in trash but I take off the knob. Put it in her door in no time. Look at box for new knob from Wallmart says ...made in China. Yeah....tell her stuff like this,  forget Wallmart.

       So my 2 week delay and coming early, allowed me to get that knob and save time and money. To me that was a small gift from divine spirit or God if you will.  I've seen this happen many times. The door got damaged so she couldn't bring it back. She was out 150 dollars just for the door. But she did learn a lesson. In one way or another, we do pay for our lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment