I waited a week to resume with the dumbbell. This time I do 20 lifts with each arm, 25 pounder. Then I do lift over head to a count of 30 each arm. That's one rep. Then do again for the second rep. So far so good. For you you do the weight that is comfortable to you even if it's a 2 pounder wt. So a couple months ago I was thinking to going to 30 pounder in October. Now that is put off. I still do dips into an open doorway for my back by holding on to the door frame and leaning into the open door way.
Yesterday marked one month since I started my diet. I don't have a scale yet. Will get one soon. So I lost my love handles. Happy about that. My guess I lost close to 20 lbs. I will soon give an update on what I eat to make this diet work. So, I've been on diets in the past. Eventually they fail. But it is I that failed. These failures make you stronger. You are not the same as you were. You're a wee bit smarter. Those little smarts are like ladder rungs up to get where you want to be. Eventually, one day you will rely on these little footholds to get you over the top. It comes down to, how bad do you really want it. It's like with everything else. How bad do you want a new car or how bad do you want God. It's time for me to get over the top this time. And I'm going to get er done. Up until 23 I could eat anything drink beer and not gain weight. Those were great times because I was a foody. Well around 23 things started to change. It started to stick. Not so good. But I continued with my ways. My first diet started because I walked by a mirror in my house and saw how fat I was. I wasn't wearing a shirt. I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I walked back holy cow I'm a cow. Went to the bathroom got on the scale. 260 holy molly. Diet started that night. Next day down to 258. After months I got down to 240. Then I stayed between 240 & 250 lbs plateaued here a couple decades. Once I got down to 220 but eventually 240 again. It's been many years that I was in the 190s. This year though for sure.
Finally got the car registered after 18 mos. That will be another blog.
The last place I was going to move to fell through, so still dealing with this issue as well.
I am greatful for everything too. Always be greatful. It's good to look back on what we have to be greatful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment