Sunday, April 12, 2020

4/12/2020. Death. Camp


    The first week of life, I was baptised a christian. When I got older I went to Sunday school for awhile. It was ok but I didn't go to church. My parents believed in the golden rule, do on to others as you would want them to do to you. That in a nut shell was their belief. Sounded good to me. At the dentist office, they had a childrens bible that I would read before seeing the doc. Later I became agnostic. At 13 we had to watch a movie called Night and Fog. The French went into the death camps in 1945, they had movie projectors. It was in French. They showed everything. I walked out after hour and a half being an athieist. Everyone at 13 should see this movie... mandatory. There wouldn't be any white surpremists walking around today.
    I dated this gal, who got to know my views. One day I say let's go out Sat afternoon. She said she couldn't, she had to find a shirt for her father's birthday. I said I'll go with you, she said no, it's a special shirt. It's a nazi era shirt. I said excuse me, what did you say? I got it right the first time. So thats why she would always direct me to different doors when I came over, front door side door, she was keeping me from bumping into him. Smart girl. That relationship soon ended../

     This story I heard, I hope it to be true. A US soldier was in a death camp 1945. He sees a prisoner that doesn't look like the rest of them. He walks on up to him and says, you look way better than your comrades, why is that? He said when I came here I was like the rest of them, miserable, sad and I wanted to kill the guards. I felt like this for a long time I caught a glimpse of myself one day in a mirror, I did not like what I saw. I was becoming just like the guards. I said to myself No it stops here. I will focus on the good inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment