Friday, April 24, 2020

4/24/2020. Get off the Pot Already



    One Thanksgiving day, I saw my sister Lara with a sad countenance about her. I said what gives? Oh it's my marriage. What are you going to do about it. I don't know yet. O k I said. The next Thanksgiving, the same thing happens. What are you going to do about it ?  She says I'll think about it. I said thats what you said last year. The only way it gets done is you have to take action.

    Flashback.  Lara is at her mother inlaws (Cathy)kitchen table where theyre discussing her son Jerry's behavior, Lara's husband. Cathy says to Lara, do what I've done let it go in one ear and out the other, and go and do what you want to do. This is what Cathy did in her own marriage. Lara says to Cathy, Well first of all my names not Cathy. Thats it in a nut shell. Shes going to do it her way. Good for her.

 
    It's now 6 months later in the spring. I get a phone call from her, can you help me move? Ok I say. It takes two hours to get there. Pull up 9am on Sat. Other family members are there and no Jerry. The blitz move was on. Six hours later, she was moved out and in her new place. Jerry came home to a different life.

 

    Next Thanksgiving, her mood was brighter. Are you glad you did it?  I say. Oh yes she said.  Things will go on and on if there is no action. Action is a determination and a strong will. Use it to make yourself a better life. Lessons are learned and nothing goes to waste.. She and Jerry are still friends to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment