Tuesday, April 28, 2020

4/28/2020. Early Bird get's the Dandelion



    In the Spring, I usually here the birds start to stir around 5:30 am. If theres time I like to take a long walk in the morning. Now in this neighborhood it's pretty quiet, very agreeable. It starts in April, the first dandelions begin to appear. I like a dandelion now and then but these guys are prolificators. Like rabbits. Get out my Home Depot orange 5 gal bucket and start to exercise. Mostly I'm stalking the seed head of the weed. It's got a dark green tightly bound outer seed cover with a tuft of white at the tip. Ripe for picking, I pick them and any opened seed pods. Up and down good exercise. While I'm at it also pull the weeds, best when ground is wet. If it has a woody stem you grip it good give it a twist and pull, you usually get the root. A friends yard was covered with it. One Spring when I could I went after the dandelion. The next year the population was cut in half. Those are pretty good results. In 2 yrs it was only 10 % of the yard, with no chemicals. You can mantain your yard at a leisurally pace. When you see a bad area of lawn, dig out some soil get good topsoil add some grass seed mix then put it down in shallow area, then tamp and mist , keep from drying out.

    We can do this to ourselves. Weed out things we don't like about ourselves and plant better seed. Gal I knew was trying to do this, she asked me what I thought was wrong with her. I said seriously, she said yes, you r 'e not going to like it. Hit me she says, I told her and I thought she was going to hit me. When you ask that question better be strong enough to handle it. Also have a pen and paper handy. Try asking a friend what he or she thinks of you. If they speak truth you may have a negative reaction, well that person is definetly your friend. It's now time to get to work. ON You. Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment