Tuesday, April 28, 2020

4/28 /2020. A Beat Down


    A mother is now yelling at her kid. The kid is screaming. Before peace and calm, now two unhappy people. The mother started it, so the kid didn't do what you wanted, theres got to be another way. The kid is learning to get what it wants, he has to scream. Day in and day out of this makes for an unhappy future adult.

     I was on a bus in San Francisco many years back, I was in center of bus. A kid near the front was carrying on, the grandmother tried to bribe him to be good, when that didn't work the threats started. I moved up the aisle and sat behind them. Out loud I said God is love. The grandmother started using loving words instead, the boy screamed even louder, because he knew that the grandmother was bullshit. Kids know.

    I was living with a gal, who had a 6 yr old. The kid was wild, acting out, sometimes in the home, sometimes out of the home. One day I had to give her a spanking, it brought her around. I now know I would have done things differently. When she would act out, her mother would put her in her room for 30 min, she would have all her toys there. Didn't fix the problem. One Saturday she lost it again, I guess she was 7 and a half. I put her in time out, my way. She had to stand in corner face to wall and be quiet for 10 min.  She turned and yelled at me. I said 11 min, again she faced wall then turned to me with more yelling. I said 12 min. Now all of sudden this repeats till it's up to 20 min. She turns again but as she's about to yell, she stops herself and faces wall. Twenty minutes is a long time for a kid. I would check on her, she did not slouch once it stayed the full 20 min. Tough kid. She earned my respect.

    Two months later, she was acting up. I said lisa you can either have punishment A or punishment B which was easier or stop what your'e doing and have no punishment . You pick it. She chose no punishment. I gave her love and she knew it. She was done with temper tantrums. She went from a weed to a peony. We were at a party and my sister came to me and said you've done a great job with her. Lisa was a smart loving kid all along

No comments:

Post a Comment