Friday, April 3, 2020

4/3/2020 Mom

  When growing up I had some issues. I did like living. I was outside alot exploring somewhere. I was the oldest and tormented my sisters quite a bit. I was not nice. When it came to introspection, I was deficient.
One day walking back from school I rounded a street corner to my street. Across the street a girl my age who lived down the block said Kennedy got shot. I said you lie you stupid girl!  When I entered the kitchen mom was crying over a big pot of stew. I said to her hey mom this dumb girl said Kennedy got shot. She didn't answer me. She was still crying. I turned away thinking ohoh dumb girl was right.


My world changed that day, a month earlier I just turned 7. Nov22 1963 I will not forget you. I watched the funeral on tv. Bad people out there. Two years later Vietnam started heating up. I watched Huntley Brinkly report Mon thru Fri, pop in his chair me on the floor. Young men going off to war.
In my brain it was what for. The world is nuts. I said to myself I'm not going to kill anybody. What was wierd though I played war games outside with my buddies , I would use a good stick that looked like a gun. When Bob came around the house  I'd say bam got you Bob and he would have to count to 100.


I continued to pick fights with my sisters and mom.

One day I was at the principal's office.  There was an
acquaintance of mine  standing 10 ft from me. He didn't look too happy. One of the saddest person I ever saw. His folks were taking him out of school to go off to the military. I appreciated my folks right then and there.

  Many years later me and mom would have little fights. I would push her buttons and she mine. Then  one day I said to myself it ends today. Early morning she came in room and said something not nice. I said nothing. Got up and left for work
 The next morning she walks into kitchen I immediately say something positive to her. She promptly said something nice to me. Them I went to work. From then on we were best friends. No more fights.

  We are our own worst enemy. Change your words and actions before it's too late for you.
   Change is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment