Tuesday, June 2, 2020

6/02/2020 What's a Little Paint



    Been out of state for awhile. When I got to my destination, I noticed that one of my wooden flags had a peeling paint problem.  I made two flags during a previous trip, out of scrap wood. The one flag,had no peeling paint.  So here's a tip, paint with a primer on bare wood then two coats of latex paint,exterior grade. Paint all sides of your boards, including edges. This action will give your project more life. The second flag, I only painted one side and the edges. Not good enough. In one year it peeled badly. I scraped and sanded the flag. I got white latex paint and painted the back side of the flag and also the white stripes on front of flag.

    The red and yellow paint was needed to finish flag. The two paints were dried up. I only had two days to finish the flag. It looked hopeless, but I asked spirit for help. It didn't come the first day but I had an opportunity  the next day. I went to the back of the Wallmart where the paint section was. The paints were too much money, then I remembered to try the craft section. Most of the craft paints and supplies were gone because of the corona virus, people looking for things to do. I see 2 tubes in a plastic pouch, it is an orangey red,I take 1. Looking around I spot the only tube of yellow. Then 10 art brushes in a blister package. I got all 3 items for 3 dollars plus tax. Pretty good.

    I get home it's drizzling so have to paint flag in the garage. I put the red on and it's a perfect match, I can't believe it. Then the yellow, also a perfect match. I wasn't expecting that, I was shooting for something close instead I hit jackpot  with spirit's help of course. Thankyou spirit!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment