Tuesday, June 9, 2020

6/09/2020 It. Ain't So Bad



    Many times when Iv'e felt sorry for myself, I would think about other people who have it far worse than me. People who have suffered floods, tornadoes, hurricanes,  fires and accidents. That would recenter me and let me see how trivial my problem really was.  I would feel much better.

    One day I was cutting someone's grass a long long time ago. When I finished I laid down on the grass for 15 minutes and stared at the blue sky and puffy white clouds go by.  I told myself to always come back to this day and remember. Many times in the future I did come back to that day. It did help. Always remember to take a little quite time for yourself throughout your weeks. It's a needed time to refresh your soul. It gives your life a little bit of spice. There's more to life than always being on the go, rushing here to there. I got to do this, I got to do that. Slow it down a little. Give yourself some slack. Over time you will see yourself less strained, more at peace with yourself and able to laugh more. When you are tense, it's hard to grasp something new that comes your way. Also, being in a tense mode may prevent you seeing something good that comes your way. And many times something has to be removed from you, so that something new can take its place. Thing or a person.

    The story that precipitated this blog, I read today online.  March 8 2020 some guy in Jakarta got himself into a smelly inconvenience. The guy ran a septic cleaning business from his house.  After his rounds he returned home, there he removed a metal door to the truck's tank setting off an explosion. Crap rained down upon his neighbors covering cars, homes and yards. Where there once was green was now stained brown. The neighbors were all poooped out after cleaning all day. In life we don't know what's coming around the corner. We make the best of it And hope there is no poop truck ahead in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment