Friday, November 19, 2021

Nov/19/2021 Up the Roof Without a Ladder

     

     I was doing some work on the house. I put a ladder up against the gutter of a carport. Once on the roof, I continued up the roof to get to the wall of the main building. Once on the roof I looked back at the ladder  and thought I hope it doesn't fall.  I went up the ladder several times and no problems. It started to get dark out, so I said to myself two more minutes and I will go down. I heard a muffled thump. Turn around no ladder. Just great.

    Lucky for me I had my phone. I called my neighbor and lucky for me he picked up the phone. He was over in 2 minutes to set the ladder back up. It's  a very light ladder and strong made of magnesium. Being light the wind took it down. But I had my warning and didn't  act on it. Dumb. Now I cord my ladder to a gutter spike so it stays on the gutter.

    As long as we can remember our mistakes. There is hope for us. And that applies to every aspect of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment