Friday, January 21, 2022

1/21/22 Oils Well That Ends....

 

     The other day,  I'm  doing some work on the side of the house. I catch a whiff of an oil smell. I figure that it was because I just got oil yesterday. I decided to check the tank that sits a foot off the ground with the wooden dip stick. Oh my God it's less than half full. Call my father....says check for leak. Duh. I failed to do so initially thinking it was a problem in metering system of the oil truck. Wrong. Look under tank, there's  a leak all right, bigger than a pin hole. It's  almost dark, 5:30 pm.  It's  dinner time and now this. I get a plastic wash tub and put under the leak. I call a friend  who delivers oil and he says whittle down a piece of carrot and screw it into hole. It didn't  work hole too small.  I ask spirit for help. I get on my phone and pull up you tube. There's  a video of guy fixing hole with a bicycle  patch and a magnet. I find a small broken piece of magnet but I can't  find a small piece of rubber. Next. I will call my neighbor Tom. I ask him if he has a piece of rubber, he's  looking throughout his garage no rubber. I say a bicycle  patch. He goes oh yeah got that. We were walking out the garage and II say how about a magnet. Nope he says but he catches in his sight a weird looking magnet attached to a metal file case. That magnet was way stronger than mine. It took me 3 tries to get it in the right place, I got it down to a drip with the tub underneath. Happy about that!  Thank-you spirit! Got to eat dinner at 7 instead  of 6. During this ordeal, I kept thinking I will get through this.  God helps those who help themselves. Follow through and keep on plugging... literally. It's  up to us to get the ball rolling. 

So spirit brought Tom to his mailbox on side of street where I called out to him. I didnt  have to use phone to call him. Spirit brought him out at the right time. Then me bringing up the patch and the magnet. Then spirit letting his gaze catch the elusive magnet.  Spirit helped me big time in a short period of time. When you have problems, try dialing up spirit in your life.  It's  simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment