Saturday, April 8, 2023

4/08/2023 Following Ones Own Advice

      The other day, I tell Cindy after she forgot to take 1 of her medicines, to use a pill reminder. It's  a weekly plastic pill holder that has little pop tops on it. Well the next day I forgot if I took my pill for the day. Do to living out of a suitcase for over a month,  I  misplaced my own pill dispenser. So, I was really talking to myself when exhorting Cindy to use one. I found my dispenser and put it back to use. Follow your own advices.

     One day I was at a fleamarket and saw an artist painting I liked. Said to myself, oh I'll buy it on way back to car. You guessed it on way back the painting was bought by someone else. If you want something,  strike while the iron is hot. Or you lose out.

     I went to Lowes and saw 2  7ft crepe myrtle trees on clearance. Said to clerk I'll buy them and pick it up tomorrow. No she said you have to buy them and take them away. I didn't have my trailer with me. So, I said I'll bring back my trailer tomorrow, put them aside with my name on it, ok she says and does it. Next day I'm back and no trees and the gal I talked to was not there today. They looked around, couldn't find them. Someone else bought my trees.

     I learned my lesson in pulling the trigger, that's acting immediately to get what I want when the opportunity arises. However, I was in a Salvation Army store. Nothing caught my eye that day except a belt did. It was well made and had small silver doodads on it. The black one attracted me the most. Then I saw the brown belt slightly different but cool. I was just going to get one. I debated black or brown, the black one was slightly better. Got that one. I like the belt after a day. Next time in there I'll get the brown one too. Belts usually just sit there, not too many people look at them. Two days later I'm back for the brown one, yep it's gone. I did it again. Failed to pull the trigger. It was a little wake up call for me. It's  back to fine tuning my self improvement. Always got to practice. If you find yourself trying to help someone in how to do things, look at yourself right away.

     Want to learn to play the piano well. It's practice practice. Same goes for self improvement. It takes work. We are a work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment