Saturday, May 20, 2023

5/20/2023 More About Focus

       To live fully, one has to be focused on the present because that is where we are suppose to live. Focus is hard. I know. I'm guilty in so many ways throughout my life. I did get things done in some areas of my life.

     So I moved a small store size plastic bag and made it a trash bag that I push pinned to my bedroom wall. It was there for over a decade. Now I stuck it to wall next to my desk. So everyday I still walk trash to the door to dump small items into bag. It's not there, it's now by my desk.  See how ritual can controll you. That old way of doing things can be a detriment to you. You have to evaluate everything that is important to you. Sit down and do it at least once a week. That is a good start in taking better control of your life. I started lifting a dumbell, 10 pounds. 2 years later I'm up to 20 pounds. I do about 20 minutes per day. I take my time. No strenuous activity on my part. After 2 years, I do see the difference and feel it as well. I'm  glad I kept it up. Now on to my finances, which are a disaster. Oh, I also 5 years ago tipped the scale at 260 on 5ft 10 frame. Yikes I said, thats it. I'm a foodie too. Next day started to cut down. Made it to 240 after 9 months then plateaued  for a year. Another push many months get down to 230. After 5 years I'm at 210. I am also glad I didn't give up. I learned a skill set and not to panic when I gain 5 or 10 pounds. Much to be said for sticktuvidiness and  FOCUS

.

No comments:

Post a Comment