Friday, December 1, 2023

Dec1/2023 A little Blessing with a Punch

      Back in the late 90s I was going into the cellar. There was a rough opening through a block wall. You had to step up into it. This day I did and hit my head hard on a big shut off valve without a handle.  The valve was wrapped in cloth for protection. Didn't work. Hurt like the blazes. Got a hematoma from it on top of my head. The blood blister rose 1/4 inch. The hair hid it though. I knew the valve was there right in the middle of the walkway. I just forgot. So I had a reminder from that day every time I touched it. A big pimple.

      Two months ago I'm going down the staircase in my second home. The wall partition that is overhead is low clearance but not by much. Usually I don't hit it with my head. This time I hit but good. Bunch of profanity. It hurt like the blazes. I hit it right on top of the hematoma. No blood though. Couple days later I feel it with my finger and it seems lower. Now 2 months later it is definitely flatter. So it was a small blessing orchestrated by divine spirit. One hit caused it the other fixed it. 25 years later. The blessing was painful but worth it. Well you heard it said better to light a candle than curse the darkness. In my case it was ok to curse the darkness. Plastic surgery by divine spirit. Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment