Wednesday, September 9, 2026

9/02926 Dumbell Update

          Lifting the dumbbell. I use 25 pounder. You choose your own weight. They make them as low as 3 lbs.  I do it sitting in a chair. Before it was 3 reps of 30 on each arm. 30 then stop 30 the next arm, stop. Then lift dumbell above my head and lock the elbow for count of 50. You can do way less. Then do again with your left arm. Then do it again. This time I do 40 each arm. This is the new part. Then lift over head for the required time. Then another rep back to 30 each arm. So, that's a total of 100 lifts for each arm. And 100 overheads. Next new thing is holding the weight behind my head in a vertical position so my 2 hands are near the one end of the dumbell. The other end dangles behind me. I am sitting. U hold for a 50 count. I gently push my shoulders against back of chair and slightly arch my back, when doing this exercise. 

           At least once a month I do the stretch in the open doorway for my neck and back. Also turn your neck to the left as easy as you can go, then back to the right 180 degrees. Do 25 times. For the neck. And get out and do some walking. Or swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment