Recently, the government is now allowing tainted meat from South America to come into the country. They grind it up and mix it in with good meat. Some of the meat has lingering anti- biotics in it as well as pathogens. Also some of meat is way over a year old. They will not tell you where this meat comes from on the label. Not only that but vegies as well have been hurting us as well.
There are way less inspectors hired to keep us safe. It used to be different. Weakening government controls has made us less safe than ever. More food borne illnesses for us to deal with.
What to do. I remove the outer layer of a head of lettuce. Then hold it under the faucet. Wash all fruits & vegies as well as cuts of meat. For chop meat find a trusted butcher and buy from them. With chop meat, I put it in a pan and make it well done. Then I drop it into some pasta. If your out in store buying food ask DS in your head is this safe. See if you feel an answer. Listen to your gut. When eating out I ask for my burger to be well done. Before going out for food in a restaurant or grocery store, ask DS to help you keeping you safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment