Getting fat. Why? To me, it's not caring and being lazy. You make choices on a daily basis. I want what I want. Looking no further than the end of our nose. The ramifications are beyond said nose. That, mainly being our future health. With me, it was high blood pressure and now being pre-diabetic. Also wearing clothes that don't fit right. In hindsight it's totally ridiculous. Blind eye syndrome. Had it for decades. Most of my life. One of the first signs was more than 20 years ago I started to get a head of sweat on my forehead after drinking coffee. I use to drink about 4 cups a day. I switched to decaf and the bead of sweat went away. The coffee was restricting my blood vessels. This was probably the start of my future heart problems. I eventually went on blood pressure drugs. I take the max. Even taking it was not a great BP. In the upper 150s over upper 90s. Now it's lower.
Eat 3 smallish meals a day. My snack is a banana. I carry a grocery store cold bag with me. It's in a shape of a cube. Flat bottom. I used to put in one of those freeze bags in the cooler bag. But much later I got rid of it, because it had a slimy feel to it. Now, I use a half gal milk container. I washed it out good and fill with water and freeze it. I also put in 2 frozen 9 oz drinking bottles. And I put in 2 bananas before I leave for the day. For lunch, I eat at Taco Bell. I get the small taco salad for $2.50. once a week I'll get the chicken stacker or beef burrito. If I eat a little too much during lunch, I only eat a slice of toast with cream cheese and a little blackberry preserve. Before bed I'll take about 8-10 grapes.
For dinner. I will take for week one a tuna can in water. I add 1 cut up radish and a table spoon of coleslaw or chopped lettuce. Mix together with mayo. Make a slice of toast put half of contents on bread and save the other half. I use head lettuce for my top piece. The dill pickles come from the Dollartree 1.25. I eat one of these. Plus another radish. I get a half pound of baked beans at supermarket at the deli. I mix these with whatever can of beans I have at home. This makes a good taste. I will heat up in microwave a tablespoon of beans as a side dish. The other half of tuna U eat like 2 days later for dinner. Next week I will go with salmon and do the same. I use liverwurst as well. Ground chicken, I fry up well done in little pieces and mix it in pasta in my small bowl. I add grape seed oil and hot sauce plus mustard. No second helpings.
For veggies I like the frozen mix at Wallmart or Aldi's about a dollar. Carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. Microwave them, eat half and put the rest in fridge. From wallmart I get pre- made salads. I fill my small bowl and add radishes and carrots and mushrooms. I used to get pre- cut cauliflower from Wallmart. But they don't keep as well. I'd have to use my knife and rub away the black coloration off them. It's shiny white underneath it. Now, I started to buy the whole head of cauliflower. I also like brussel sprouts. I put 3 small cut up sprouts in with my bacon and potatoes fry pan. I like the smell of the cooked sprouts that lingers in the air. Most noticeably when you leave the room and come back in.
I get discounted meat from the grocery store. Like pork. Usually 1 in thick chop. I get 2 per pack. I cut each in half making 4 dinners. I keep frozen small chicken breasts in freezer as well. And I just bought some liver cuts. They're frozen. Haven't tried them yet.
13 weeks in and I'm at 219. My new plateau. Instead of every other day in pop tart I will go to every 3 days then eat one. You constantly have to modify what you are doing during the diet. I can now tell when food is too salty easily and also the sugar levels. For my cheese and crackers I would use Ritz crackers , the hint of salt kind and I can taste the salt. I would eat my sharp cheese and Swiss cheese as my adour ve with grapes and half an apple. I got a cheese slicer that helps me keep cheeses serving size low. I've now cut down in this adour've alot. I was able to eat this when losing the 20 pounds. But it's not working now. More stringent moves by me is necessary. Another thing to watch out for is bread. This carb puts on the weight. Potatoes I buy the small packages of mashed just add water. I do a tablespoon from the bag.
The banana snacks help alot. Cantaloupe I buy and leave it out for at least 2 weeks before eating it. When taking bites if something good like bacon use your front teeth and just take small bites. To spice things up red pepper shaker, ground stone mustard from Wallmart and Louisiana hot sauce from Dollartree.
Dieting is not about giving up. If you have a setback on the scale, well it's ok. The next day you get back on the diet. When you get to your desired weight you can have what you want but you now know what has to be done. Your stomach is smaller now, don't over stuff. Use your scale at least 3 times a week. I do it every day.
We become what we focus on and then take action in getting it. Focus on the positive even if things happen to be negative in your life. You can do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment