Monday, April 6, 2020

4/6/2020. A Mirror



   It was a beautifull day in Miami. Up the ramp and I was merging onto the interstate' I got behind an old pickup truck. It had it's tailgate down with something flat laying in it's bed. I didn't think anything of it. I'm cruising around 60 mph. I'm About 75 ft behind him. I'm following him for about10 min. The cargo is thin 4 ft wide6 long it starts to move slowly toward the rear of the truck, before I knew it, it hit the ground in front of me. Shattering into a million pieces of glass. Yep you guessed it, it was a mirror. Big and heavy and loud when it hit the pavement. My tires went over the glass to no ill affect and I kept on going, right behind the old pickup truck. He didn't even know he lost his load.  I bet he was shocked when he got to his destination. Next time I bet when he carries a load his tailgate will be up and/ locked.


     My friend and I entered a diner one afternoon. I noticed a guy sitting off to the left, as we take our seats at the counter, my friend says did you see that? I say, see what?  That guy sitting over there he says. I say yeah, what of it? Well, that quy is arrogant. The guy was sitting in a chair with his foot up on another chair. I told my friend, I didn't see it that way. He says well I do.
   The world is our own mirror. My friend couldn't admit it to himself, but he was the one who was arrogant. By looking at what you say and do, you will learn a heck of alot about yourself. It's hard to admit our own faults. Relationships are one of the best places to learn all about you. What ever problem you have and you are blaming someone else. Stop, and reflect, how am I like that? I fall down on this issue alot. But I get back up.-


   I was having a discussion with this gal about spiritual topics. We have had these talks many times. One day in the course of a talk, she told me my husband is cheap. I tell her she is cheap. She says I'm not cheap, I give to this organization and that one, plus I volunteer for good causes. I tell her it isn't tit for tat. I say you are stingy to the amount of love you give to him. She didn't say one word. The truth was out. It's hard work. Keep an open mind, keep an open heart. Look and listen, you will learn all about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment