Sunday, May 24, 2020

5/24/2020 The Game of Chicken



    There was a time I would buy my eggs from the gal up the road from me. Her chickens were of different varieties, who were not penned up. They were happy chickens. Eh... once in awile one chicken wouldn't make it back from it's jaunt. She told me a couple stories that I found quite enlightening.

 
    When she was getting married, she always envisioned it occuring in her Catholic church. That was her heart desire. However, she hardly attended the church like her mother, who always did. She went to the priest and told him of her plans to be married in his church. The answer came back negative, your not a real member of the church. The fight was on but the priest would give no ground. In a fit of rage she barked to the priest, I hope you drop dead, turned her back and headed for the heavy door. Without a look back. She got married allright, just not at the church. Later from her mother she heard the priest had a massive heart attack and died about a week after her blow up with him .

    The second incidence happened many years after they were married. They were going at it one morning and she was steamed.  As he Ieft the house one fine Saturday morning, she yelled at him, I hope your right rear wheel falls off. Four hrs later she gets a call from him. Hon....  remember those last words you hurled at me this morning. Yes I do... what about it. You're not going to believe it, but my right rear wheel fell off the truck, just like you said. In he future please be carefulI what  you say to me.... Ok.

    I always paid her in cash, for my eggs. This guy here,  was not about to play chicken with the chicken lady. So... the more emotion you pack behind words the faster they will come home to roost!

No comments:

Post a Comment