Thursday, September 22, 2022

9/22/2022 The Ring of Anger

 

      It was a fight.  Occurred  about 12 years ago.. I retreated to my office where I promptly remove my wedding band and flung it across the room hitting the wall. Needless to say it was not my finest hour. The rest of the day I spent tearing  up the room in search of said ring. I found a very small washer 1/10 th the size of the ring, it slips on a very small bolt followed by a very small nut. But no white gold ring was to be found.

     Two days later I open my truck door at a grocery store. I spy a ring on the next parking spot. I quickly grab it from the macadam and place it on my finger. A perfect fit. No inscription was in the ring. Perfect. This ring was way better than the original, wider and a little thicker, a man's  ring. Never found a ring ever again.  2 days later, I find the ring or it found me. What are the chances, close to zero. 1: a male ring. 2: my size. 3:  had my taste in a ring. I think it's silver not white gold. Definitely a gift from divine spirit. When I tossed the original  ring I did it in anger, so the price of that was to be denied the chance of finding it at that time.

     Three or more years later I find the original ring between 2 floor boards. Not laying flat as one would expect but on it's side below the floor board, go figure that one out. I still wear the one I found at that grocery store.

    A couple months ago, I was having another small fight with my wife and my ring came off and flew under the bed. For the first time with this ring.  Uh  OH! .....      Here we go again. But this time I retrieve it right away and slammed it down on my finger.  Oh no you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment